Bankruptcy is hopefully something that you only have to experience once in a lifetime, if at all and it is crucial to have an experienced Lithonia GA bankruptcy attorney to help you through the process. There are a lot of mistakes that you can make due to inexperience that will cost you dearly in the end. An attorney can be more than helpful when filing for bankruptcy.
Bankruptcy can be tricky. Here are 5 reasons you need a good bankruptcy attorney.
- To stop wage garnishment –You can ask an employer or agency to stop garnishing wages but you have no way to backup your request. If you hire a bankruptcy attorney to represent you, they can force the garnishment to end.
- If You Need to Keep Assets – Different types of bankruptcy have specific protections for your possessions that others don’t. By hiring a bankruptcy attorney, you can find the right type of bankruptcy for your situation and ensure that you retain as much of your possessions as allowed by law.
- If you do not want to waste time going back and forth to court – The legal process runs on the smallest details. There are times that you will need a signature on a specific form by a specific date and if you are late, it extends the process. By hiring a bankruptcy attorney that is well versed in the process, you will not have to worry about making a mistake that costs you days or weeks of waiting.
- When you don’t want your family or friends dragged into court – It may sound like a good idea to sign your car over to your brother, to keep it away from the creditors but that can result in him being sued. A bankruptcy attorney will assist in avoiding these situations.
- To get rid of as much debt as possible – Do you know which debts can be discharged under which bankruptcy filing and which debts cannot? A great bankruptcy attorney does, and they can find the right filing for you to get rid of the maximum amount of debt.